Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thru not Through, those Americans got it right!

Have you ever seen the US highway signs saying "Thru Traffic" or something to this effect?

Isn't THRU better than THROUGH? So why is there a red squiggly line under the former spelling as I type this? Prejudice I tell you!

I never learned to spell and refuse to do so till they fix it!

Honestly, why waste precious brain power remembering stupid facts like spelling of weird words?

I am polish, and the polish language, although a phonetic, also has stupid rules - similar to English spelling. For example, in one word you use one type of "u", in another a different one. Same exact sound, yet different letter. Probably a relic from hundreds of years ago. Stupid...

As a kid I HATED this, with all my passion and soul. I suck at remembering such useless facts and find it so hard to force my self to waste time memorizing it them. Am I alone in this?!

So I will not (learn to spell)! I am making a petition to fix English... Who is with me? ... or you will soon read this blog in Esperanto, which incidentally was created by ophthalmologist from Bialystok, a city in Poland... weird.

Man, I am inviting a lot of embarrassing, and probably well founded criticism with this post! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment